Monday, January 3, 2011

A set of starting goals

Two days of family gatherings,dinners and holiday celebrations passed.
Tomorrow, a new day of work starts with several tasks, old, unforeseen, systematic and urgent.

Among my other deliverables, I have to finish 4 journal articles (~20000 to 24000 words total) in the next 80 days (ROW80).
Since I would like this year to have 1day free per week, just for myself (and that day could be Sunday), I should only count 6 days per week for work. Thus, not 80 days but approximately 70 days.
My writing goal then would be 1000 words every 3 working days: Monday to Wednesday and Thursday to Saturday. Or otherwise stated, 2000 words every week. That is a lot for me (to dedicate systematically just for journal article writing)

I need to introduce some routine in my not-work related tasks that would remind me my commitment to become a more organized person. Since life time habits do not change from one day to the other and I am well aware of that, I will practice only the following 2 "housekeeping" tasks for the next 1 month.
1. Leave my office tidy before returning home from work. Maybe I don't aim for a totally clean desk, but a desk and surroundings that clearly exhibit some kind of order.
2. Make my bed and keep my closet organized before leaving home to go to work every morning

I am not very sure which of all the above tasks I am afraid the most...lets see which one would be the most  challenging for me in the next few days!

1 comment: