Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's tough!

OK, its not that I did not expect it, but it is tough to be faithful to my new schedule.
My New Year's Resolution included 3 simple commitments. One related to writing on regular basis to achieve specific goals and the other two housekeeping goals aimed to bring some order (and comfort I might say) to my daily life.

What I definitely did not expect, was to find the hardest of all to sit down on a daily basis, concentrate and write on one specific topic: my first tentative journal paper for this year. Not write in general, reports, emails etc. for my work.
All kinds of different temptations would appear as urgent priorities while I would try to concentrate and write.
And the internet, oh the internet which in a way is an important tool for my work... what a bad influence has on my writing efforts.
I can so easily get distracted when looking for something and get lost in other pages and other thoughts. Or just read related documents but not write..

OK, the first 3 days I just wrote 723 words so I am aiming for ~1300 words until Saturday.
Here is a new commitment: While I sit down and write, I should have my internet connection turned off.
I can definitely use material already collected and whenever I want to check out something for my work, I will make a note and check it at a later stage, when my writing is over. So, I can use it the next day.

At least, my bed, closet, and office are looking neat and tidy (these last 3 days :) ).
I should post some photos for you to see because I feel very proud of myself about it.
Getting into some good habits gives me hope that everything can be achieved, sooner or later!   

1 comment:

  1. Breaking into a new routine can be difficult, Allegria.

    Congrats on getting 3/4s of your goal first time out! And as you train your mind and your body to sit and work it will get easier...though yes, the internet is a completely evil distraction! ;-)

    Good luck getting to the next goal.

    ReplyDelete